Care and Support Needs provided in Suzanne House:
- Suzanne House is a designated centre defined by Section 2(1) of Health Act 2007.
- We provide short respite breaks for children with life-limiting conditions. We offer support for children from 1-13 years * discharge at 14 years
- All of our care is free for families.
Each week children are admitted to Suzanne House for respite. The length of the child’s stay in respite can vary from 1 night to 3 nights per month and is allocated on an individual basis.
- Each child’s respite needs are considered on an individual basis, when offering respite. The aim of our respite service is to provide ‘the next best thing to being at home’.
- Suzanne House accommodates up to a maximum four children each night. We accommodate both boys and girls.
Children can be referred to Suzanne House from anywhere in the Leinster region
We provide our care through our liaising with your Child’s primary Multidisciplinary Team working in partnership with your child’s Consultant and GP, school and other Care Providers.
What is Respite Care?
Respite Care consists of planned breaks which can vary in length from 1-3 days per month to 6 weeks. In consultation with families, breaks are planned and reviewed regularly.
How can our Respite Care help your child and family?
Respite is designed to support families in a variety of ways including:
- Providing optimum nursing and social care provision for your child
- Support with pain and symptom management issues
- Sustaining and maintaining family health and well-being
- Providing time to spend with other children and family members
Our committed and dedicated staff members focus on ensuring all children are supported in a safe, warm and secure environment. We work closely with other disciplines including your child’s consultant, GP and clinical therapists to ensure effective, safe and individualised care for children in our care.